The National Law School of India University is a public law school and a National Law University located in Bangalore, Karnataka.
About the Job Opportunity at NLSIU
The Human Rights Lawyering Project (HRLP), National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore is currently looking for a Researcher to join the team in Bangalore. The work will include research and fieldwork, organizing and preparing materials for workshops, and providing research support to the Coordinator for working on publications, and performing other tasks for meeting project deadlines efficiently.
About the Project
The Human Rights Lawyering Project (HRLP) was set up as an effort to strengthen university initiatives through clinics and legal aid centres, students initiatives and interest in social justice issues and empowering young lawyers and legal professionals working on access to justice. The Project aims to:
- Bridge silos between law schools, lawyers and legal aid institutions by identifying and addressing gaps
- Setup or scale existing clinical courses and legal services clinics at law schools
- Improve service quality for both law schools and lawyers by participatory training through conferences and forums
Duration of Engagement
The maximum amount payable for the job opportunity at NLSIU will be a consolidated amount of Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 40,000/– per month.
- The applicant must have a background in law
- Must have good research skills and proven fluency in written and spoken English
- Initiative and the ability to work on his/her own will be appreciated.
- Fieldwork and organizing work may include travel within India.
- Previous experience is not mandatory
Interested applicants may write to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching an updated CV and a writing sample (preferably a published work).
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Interested applicants may write to email@example.com