About Allahabad High Court
The Allahabad High Court or the High Court of Judicature at Allahabad is a high court based in Prayagraj that has jurisdiction over the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.
About the Job Opportunity at Allahabad High Court
Job Opportunity at Allahabad High Court is for one year on 94 posts of Law Clerks (Trainee) in the High Court of Judicature at Allahabad. The engagement shall be purely contractual based for a fixed term of one year. However, the term may be terminated at any time, without any notice.
No. of Vacancies
Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh
The engagement for the job opportunity at Allahabad High Court shall be for a fixed term of one year only from the first date fixed for joining, which may be terminated without notice at any time.
The selected Law Clerk/s will be attached with Hon’ble Judges sitting at Allahabad and Lucknow Bench, Lucknow and shall discharge duties under directions of their Lordships.
Basically, the Law Clerk (Trainee) will be required to:
- Carry out search and research on legal points and principles as desired by the Hon’ble Judge with whom he/she remains attached.
- He/she shall assist the Hon’ble Judge in searching out case law, articles, papers and other relevant material required by the Hon’ble Judges in the discharge of judicial as well as administrative work. Besides attending the Chambers of Hon’ble Judges, the Law Clerk (Trainee) may also be asked to be present in Court during the hearing of the arguments, take down or prepare notes in Court.
- The research work assigned to the Law Clerk (Trainee) may include performing legal research, drafting memorandums and opinions, comments on statutes, relevant to questions of law.
- Assistance from the Law Clerk (Trainee) may also be taken in proper maintenance of the case files.
- Assistance in administrative functioning of the Judge shall also be desirable which shall include maintaining administrative files, preparation of research of academic papers, maintaining a record of judgments, the points of law decided in various judgments by a Judge, maintenance of records regarding administrative correspondence etc.
- The Law Clerk (Trainee) shall perform any other duty as assigned by the Judge concerned with regard to His judicial and administrative functions.
- The nomenclature ”Law Clerk (Trainee)” makes it abundantly clear that they shall be imparted training with regard to procedure and substantive law to assist the Hon’ble Judges in discharging their judicial and administrative functions.
- The Law Clerk (Trainee) will also be provided with the schedule of training and the details of the nature of the job, which they have to perform during their year of engagement. Specific assignments shall be given by the Hon’ble Judge with whom they are attached.
- 3-Years Professional/5-Years Integrated Degree in Law from any Law College or recognized University throughout the country. Applications shall be accepted from such ‘Law Graduates’ who have not started practise as an advocate or engaged in any other profession or vocation/service.
- Those who have appeared in LL.B. (Final Year) in the 2020-21 Examination and are awaiting results may also apply.
- Law graduates having scored not less than 55% marks in their LL.B. examination are only eligible to apply for the post of Law Clerks (Trainee). They will be required to submit their final mark sheet of the LL.B. Examination at the time of the interview, which may be held in the month of September 2021.
- Computer knowledge: Data Entry, Word Processing and Computer Operations.
- Age Limit: The Candidates must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of more than 26 years as of July 1, 2021.
- Marital Status: A candidate having more than one spouse or married to such a person who already had a living legally wedded wife/husband, will not be eligible.
- A candidate involved in any kind of criminal case whether convicted or charge-sheeted shall be barred from applying for the above post.
- Those who have already worked as Law Clerk (Trainee) will not be eligible to apply again.
A fixed honorarium of Rs. 15000/- per month with no Dearness Allowance and/or any other allowances and also without any other perquisite such as residential accommodation etc.
The application forms can be purchased from the counter in the High Court Judicature at Allahabad and at its Lucknow Bench on payment of Rs. 300/- in cash.
The application forms are also available on the official website of Allahabad High Court (www.allahabadhighcourt.in) and may be downloaded and used subject to payment of application form of Rs. 300/- to be paid through bank draft drawn in favour of Registrar General, High Court of Judicature at Allahabad.
The application form along with one duly attested copy of the following,
- High School Mark Sheet,
- High School Certificate in proof of age/date of birth,
- Intermediate Mark Sheet,
- Intermediate Pass Certificate,
- Graduation/Post Graduation Mark Sheets and
- Certificates and testimonials regarding Extra-Curricular Activities and Computer Knowledge along with
- Two (02) self-addressed envelopes (size 5”x10”) each bearing postage stamps worth Rs. 40/-
should be sent to the Registrar General, High Court of Judicature at Allahabad either by Speed Post, Registered Post with AD or through Courier.
- For making selection, competence would be judged on the basis of interview only, which will be held only at Allahabad.
- The candidates for interviews will be called only after screening. No T.A. will be payable for attending the interview.