About the Organisation
The Walt Disney Company, commonly known as Disney is an American diversified multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate headquartered at the Walt Disney Studios complex in Burbank, California.
Disney was originally founded on October 16, 1923, by brothers Walt and Roy O. Disney as the Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio; it also operated under the names The Walt Disney Studio and Walt Disney Productions before officially changing its name to The Walt Disney Company in 1986. The company established itself as a leader in the American animation industry before diversifying into live-action film production, television, and theme parks.
- Drafting and vetting of program & film production-related contracts, film & program distribution and syndication contracts, rights licensing contracts, Artist Agreements, Content Acquisition Agreements (Films and Programs), Marketing Agreements, and all other miscellaneous agreements
- Conduct due diligence of movies to be acquired.
- Providing legal assistance related to legal cases from time to time.
- Do legal research.
- Drafting rules and regulations for all the marketing contests for consumer engagements and activities which are held on our channels, from time to time; all documents pertaining to reality shows.
- Draft legal notices/responses etc. from time to time.
- Assist in litigation pertaining to the business.
- Adhere to set timelines
- Risk mitigation
- Ability to coordinate across various functions, understand the business needs, identify legal issues, and timely escalation
- LLB with 5 years of experience preferably in Media and Entertainment, Telecom, IT, ITeS, ISP, Internet, retail Sector
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a top-tier law firm is preferred
- from top-tier law schools, such as the National Law schools, ILS Pune, Symbiosis, Pune.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate (hands-on experience) in contract drafting, good negotiation, and execution skills i.e., ability to draft, negotiate and close transactions independently
- Good contract drafting skill sets.
- Good knowledge of Contract Act 1857, Copyright Law and Trademark laws, Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Act1995, TRAI Regulations
- Well-versed with various content regulations such as the Self-Regulation Code framed by the IBF and the BCCC Guidelines, the ASCI, NCPCR guidelines, Should have excellent research skills.
- Good communication skillsets are required.
- Should be focused and goal-oriented.
- Effective communication skills and good command of English (both oral and written) and the ability to interact with people across all levels in the organization. Good organizational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic business environment
- Should be proactive and a team player.
To apply, click here.