About the Organisation
S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI) is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets, offering ESG solutions, deep data, and insights on the critical economic, market, and business factors. We’ve been providing essential intelligence that unlocks opportunity, fosters growth, and accelerates progress for more than 160 years.
The team fosters knowledge sharing and collaboration that results in a unified group strategy. Each of our team members is committed to being a best-in-class legal team and trusted, business partner, providing practical, solutions-oriented, counsel, so that our stakeholders can achieve their business goals. We play a vital role in protecting S&P Global Market Intelligence IP and help the business manage enterprise risk. The team will adopt Agile methodologies and adapt those methods to fit the needs and structure of the team.
S&P Global Market Intelligence Legal Department is looking to expand the support coverage for the Business globally, so it can respond in an agile manner to legal and negotiation requests.
Responsible for supporting the management and organization of SPGMI Legal. Primary functions will be to assist and provide legal and administrative support to the global team. The role will also assist business colleagues in using the various contract tools, including the contracts database and other office applications.
What’s in it for you?
This role will have the opportunity to be creative and help streamline the “Customer Buying Experience”. The individual who fills this role will have an inside-out purview of the contracts lifecycle and have a chance to be involved from the ground up in the development of the Contracts database on Salesforce.com. The position assists the Department in making a significant contribution to the processing and databasing of contracts, but also in analyzing unique business and intellectual property issues specific to SPGMI. The role provides the individual exposure to the business legal issues as well as the technology that supports the department.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of databases and licensing agreements.
- Computer Skills- Microsoft applications, knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus
- Good interpersonal skills – Work cooperatively with members of the department and business colleagues.
- Strong data analysis skills and experience working with relational database technologies is preferred but not required
- Ability to comprehend contracts and legal terms and conditions
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and show initiative.
What We’re Looking For?
If you are an experienced legal/contracts professional, who is devoted to providing excellent support to the business, and at the same time passionate about solving problems and finding ways to establish best practices at S&P Global; this is an excellent opportunity. I am looking for someone with a diverse combination of legal, business, and technical skills that include: process development, data quality activities, contracts reconciliation, KPI and report development, and maintaining accurate data within the contracts database platform used by S&P Global.
- Respond to internal client inquiries (“hotline”) regarding legal and contract issues in a timely manner.
- Review submitted deal requests; includes checking draft contracts produced by Sales or other internal clients; may include making Minor Changes to contract documents as per existing scope set by Legal Operations team.
- Perform data entry of executed contracts into the contracts database. Perform accurate and timely review of key business and legal provisions in executed contract and entering such provisions in the contracts database
- Investigating contract administrative issues (e.g. determining whether a contract is still “active” or being billed by PIMS); interfacing with both the sales administration staff and other business staff to determine the status of contracts
- Recommends process improvement and automation opportunities.
- Maintenance of boilerplate library (including Translations)/ ownership (in-network drive and database platform) including communications regarding boilerplate changes
- Respond to change in entity/ assignment letters and termination letters
- Create reports (both general and complex) from contracts database, working with internal database users on their reporting requests. Work with manager to establish reporting processes and procedures.
- Assist in data quality assurance of the contents of the contracts database and department’s intranet website and other departmental applications
- Special projects as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 2+ years of experience in a related position such as legal or paralegal and administrative support functions.
- 2+ years of experience analyzing data and utilizing data analysis tools and techniques
- Ability to collaborate with other business or technology teams
- Experience interpreting complex legal, financial, and technical licensing terms and conditions and contracts
- Experience working within the Salesforce.com platform is a plus
- Experience working databases, SQL a plus
To apply, click here.