Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, a search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
About the Job Opportunity at Google
Google’s in-house tax team knows all things corporate tax. Made up of smart, perceptive Googlers with a flair for domestic, international, and sales and use tax, the knowledge and expertise of this team run deep. You have years of experience in this field and extensive knowledge of those tax issues most relevant to internet companies. While we don’t give our Googlers individual tax advice, you make it easy for Googlers to get what they need to make good tax decisions. You find ways to work smarter by streamlining and automating our tax processes and systems and find ways to be both innovative and compliant.
The name Google came from “googol,” a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in-depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
Responsibilities of the job opportunity at Google are:
- Provide proactive tax advice with respect to the group’s operations in the APAC-region region and advise on indirect tax consequences of agreements and business operations and new product launches.
- Strengthen processes including leveraging technology to automate and optimizing costs.
- Partner with regional business leaders, Finance, and Legal teams on various business and tax planning matters.
- Monitor and analyze proposed and newly enacted APAC-region indirect tax legislations and assist in defining and implementing appropriate local country tax planning strategies.
- Manage regional indirect tax audits conducted by authorities in various APAC countries.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant, or Bachelor’s degree in Law, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience working with indirect taxes, within the India region.
- Experience in managing indirect tax audits and litigation matters across various appellate levels.
- Technical domain knowledge of indirect taxes (GST, Service Tax, VAT, customs, etc.).
- Ability to manage complex projects and work independently to achieve overall company business objectives.
- Commercial focus with the ability to clearly communicate tax technical issues to non-tax professionals.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
To apply for the job, click here.