About People’s Union for Civil Liberties
PUCL is the membership-based largest human rights organization in the country, striving to defend the civil liberties and human rights of all members of society. The PUCL does not simply react, but also:
– Increase consciousness about and commitment to human rights and civil liberties.
– Provide a platform for all groups to come together to further the cause of human rights.
– Energies and creatively use courts and the press for more sensitivity to the human rights situation.
– Intervene directly in cases where gross violations of human rights take place.
– Organise seminars, Lectures, etc., to focus attention on the problems concerning its area of work.
– Raised our voice against various oppression laws and retrograde amendments to the Constitution.
PUCL, Jharkhand is the state unit of PUCL working on human rights issues in the state. The organization regularly takes up issues of custodial deaths, police atrocities, tribal rights and seeks to provide a remedy for the victims by pursuing their case with the authorities and courts.
The internship opportunity with PUCL is for the students in their 3rd year or above enrolled in a five-year program or students in their 2nd year and above enrolled in a three-year program.
Nature of Work
Nature of work of the internship opportunity with PUCL.
- Research work on ongoing court cases related to tribal and land rights, custodial deaths, and police atrocities & other human rights violations.
- Assisting the fact-finding team & preparing reports.
- Preparing RTI applications.
- Assisting in ongoing PILs.
It’s an unpaid internship. The interns will be provided with a certificate of appreciation after completion of the internship.
Interested students can send their resumes along with a cover letter in 300 words or less, explaining their interest in the internship. Send your resume and cover letter at: firstname.lastname@example.org.