About Rajasthan High Court, Jodhpur
The Rajasthan High Court is the High Court of the state of Rajasthan. It was established on 29 August 1949 under the Rajasthan High Court Ordinance, 1949. The seat of the court is at Jodhpur. The court has a sanctioned judge strength of 50.
About the Job Opportunity with Hon’ble Justice Dinesh Mehta
Job Opportunity with Hon’ble Justice Dinesh Mehta is for eligible candidates having requisite qualifications for Contractual engagement as Legal Researcher for a period of one year.
No. of Vacancies
- To assist the Hon’ble judge in the discharge of administrative and judicial functions, the Legal Researcher shall perform the following duties:
- To read the case files, and prepare the case i.e. case summary and notes and chronology of events of such a comprehensive nature, that it may give to the Hon’ble Judge a complete view of the matter, including the legal questions involved, and the latest case-law having bearing on the case either way,
- To search and research legal points and principles under control and guidance of Hon’ble Judge,
- To search out case law, articles, papers and other relevant material required in the discharge of judicial/administrative work.
- To take down notes of arguments and to prepare notes of cases.
- To identify facts, issues and questions that may arise in the course of arguments, or as may be relevant for judgment,
- To maintain a record of judgments by the Hon’ble Judge along with the point of law decided in that particular case, and to maintain it in such a manner, as to be very conveniently retrievable, as and when needed by the Judge, for any purpose whatever.
- Maintenance of record of administrative correspondence, administrative files, and, if specifically entrusted, of the particular judicial file(s),
- To perform whatever is directed, in the course of imparting training to him, with regard to procedure and substantive law,
- To assist Hon’ble Judge in preparing any speech/academic paper.
- A candidate must be a fresh law graduate or postgraduate in law from Universities/colleges/ Institutions established by law in India.
- A candidate must have basic knowledge of computers.
- Age and Nationality: A candidate must not have attained the age of 33 years on January 1 preceding the last date fixed for submission of the online application.
- He/ She must be a citizen of India.
- The candidate must not be a practising advocate nor engaged/appointed elsewhere, on an honorarium/payment basis.
- A candidate must not have more than one wedded spouse, nor should be. married to such a person, who already had a living spouse at that time.
- A candidate should not be involved in any criminal case, whether convicted or against whom the criminal trial is pending.
- A fixed honorarium of Rs 50,000/- per month without any dearness or other allowance/ perquisite, shall be paid to the Legal Researcher.
- Proportionate reduction of honorarium shall be made for unauthorized absence, so also for absence beyond the permissible period of leave.
- On successful completion of the term of assignment, a certificate by the Registrar General shall be issued, in the form prescribed in Schedule-IV.
- If the assignment is terminated due to pre-mature discharge by the High Court, or due to voluntarily giving up an assignment, by the Legal Researcher concerned, no such certificate shall be given.
Selection of Legal Researcher
- Online applications for appointment of Legal Researcher will be placed before the Hon’ble Judge concerned.
- Under the directions of the Hon’ble Judge concerned, shortlisting of the applications may also be done on the basis of the academic carrier and extracurricular achievements of the incumbents.
- Selection of the Legal Researcher will be made by Hon’ble the Chief Justice of the Hon’ble Judge concerned after interviewing the candidates for assessing their suitability.
- Deadline for submission of application: 17 August 2021 (Tuesday) by 5 PM
- Deadline for payment of application fee: 18 August 2021 (Wednesday) by 5 PM
- Candidates can apply directly online. Candidates can also apply for the post through various e-Mitra kiosks, where the candidate has to pay requisite e-Mitra services charges for filling the application.
- Candidates must ensure that they have a soft copy of their passport size photograph, and a signature image. The format of both has been mentioned for your reference hereunder:
- Photo size should be between 10 KB to 25 KB.
- The signature file size should be between 10 KB to 25 KB.
- After filling up the application form, the applicant is required to pay the application fee online (through net banking/debit card or credit card etc.)
- Please Note: An application shall be completed only when the candidate’s ‘Unique Application Number’ is generated after paying the fee.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the application form, this is to be kept by the candidate himself.
- Candidates shall have to bring all the original documents at the time of the interview.
- To apply, click here.