About NITI Aayog
The NITI Aayog is a public policy think tank of the Government of India, established with the aim to achieve sustainable development goals with cooperative federalism by fostering the involvement of State Governments of India in the economic policy-making process using a bottom-up approach.
About the Internship
NITI Aayog, Government of India had initiated an Internship Scheme in 2015. Based on the experience in the past years a review was made. Now in supersession of all the previous guidelines in this regard, The NITI Aayog announces the revised Internship Scheme. This Scheme seeks to engage students pursuing Under Graduate/Graduate/Post Graduate Degrees or are Research Scholars enrolled in recognized universities/Institutions within India or abroad, as “Interns”. These “Interns” shall be given exposure to various Verticals/Divisions/Units within NITI Aayog and would be expected to supplement the process of analysis within NITI Aayog through empirical collection and collation of in-house and other information. For the “Interns” the exposure to the functioning of the Indian Government may be an add-on in furthering their future interests.
Bonafide students of any recognized University/ Institution within India or abroad, fulfilling the following conditions are eligible to apply for the internship:
- Under-graduate students, having completed/appeared in the term end exams of the second year/4th, semester of the bachelor degree course and secured not less than 85% or equivalent marks in 12th class.
- Graduate students having completed/ appeared in the term-end exams of first-year/2nd semester of their post-graduate programme or perusing research/PhD and secured not less than to or equivalent marks in Graduation.
- The students who have appeared in the final exam or just completed Graduation/PG and waiting for admission for higher studies may also be considered for the internship provided that.
- They have secured 7 Ooh or more cumulative marks in all the years/ semesters of their graduation/ post-graduation till the date of application.
- The period between the month of declaration of result of the final exam and the desired month of the internship should not exceed six months e.g. if the result is declared in the month of June then he/she can apply for the internship beginning till the month of December.
Applicants will have to apply online by filling up the registration form.
To apply, click here.