About Competition Commission of India
Competition Commission of India is the competition regulator in India. It is a statutory body of the Government of India responsible for enforcing The Competition Act, 2002 and promoting competition throughout India and preventing activities that have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India.
About the Internship
- The shortlisted candidates shall be allocated guides/mentors who are Officers of CCI.
- The interns will be provided contact details of their mentors/guides for being in regular touch with them to complete the assigned work.
- The duration of the online internship shall be decided by the mentor/guide depending on the work assigned.
- In the first week of every month, an online orientation program will be organized for selected students by the Advocacy Division of CCI and a review meeting will be conducted in the second week of the month through virtual mode.
- Applicable to Indian Nationals only.
- The internship is open to students from recognized Institutions and Universities with exposure to Competition
- Students with a placement in hand are not eligible.
- 2nd and 3rd year of the bachelor’s degree in law (3-year course after graduation) or
- 4th and final year of the five-year integrated course in law and
- Students who have taken the 3rd year exam and are entering the 4th year.
- The internship is normally for a period of one month, commencing on the 1st working day of the month.
- However, applicants desirous of pursuing internships for 2-3 calendar months can also apply with due recommendation of the respective universities/Colleges/Institutions for the period applied for.
- There will be a short induction program on provisions of the Competition Act, 2002 on the 1st day of the Internship.
No stipend will be paid for an online internship.
- Applications should mandatorily be in the prescribed format available on the CCI website. Applications in other formats shall be rejected summarily.
- A Statement of Purpose should be accompanied by the application which should reflect the reason for selection and probable area of research/internship project.
- Applicants shall submit their applications duly signed/endorsed by their colleges/institutions in the space specifically provided in the application form with the heading ‘Certification and Recommendation by Institution’ or in the alternative, applications must be accompanied by a scanned copy of the email/letter from the respective institution certifying that the student is a bonafide student of the institution and pursuing the course (with the year) mentioned in the application for internship.
- Such email/letter must be issued by Dean/Registrar/HoD/Director/Authorized Officials.
- Hard copies of applications shall not be accepted. Applications shall be sent in PDF mode online only.
- The emails carrying such requests shall indicate “Online Internship during the month of _____ (mentioned intended month) 2021” as the subject/title of the email.
- All such requests for online internship must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org