About the College
Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Law College is a well-known institution and recognized as one of the top law colleges in Karnataka. The college imparts quality legal education in both 5 year and 3-year streams of LLB courses and also Post Graduation (LLM) along with certificate courses and various diploma and add-on courses. Established in 1974 SDM Law college has set a benchmark for quality legal education in southern India.
About the Event
SDM Law College is organizing LEX ULTIMA 2021 from 20th-22nd August 2021. It is a unique national-level law fest that will culminate in a host of competitions and will test the wit and knowledge of the students from India’s Law Colleges.
The law fest will host 9 events:
- Moot Court Competition
- Public Interest Litigation
- Client Counselling
- Legislation Drafting
- Law Quiz
- Domestic Inquiry
- Bail Petition
- Legal Research Paper Presentation
- Judgment Writing
Law schools/Colleges/Institutes/Universities, recognized by the Bar Council of India, are eligible to participate in the competition. The participants should currently be pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in Law i.e., Three-Year or Five-Year Law Courses.
Each team shall consist of four members. A team must compulsorily participate in all events. One person can participate in a maximum of 5 events only.
The event will be held virtually through Google Meet.
- Provisional Registration
- For reserving a slot for the college, provisional registrations can be emailed to email@example.com with the subject of the email as ‘Provisional Registration-Lex Ultima 2021’.
Final Registration Details
- The Registration fee is Rs. 2000/- per team. The amount has to be paid via net banking to the account details given in the registration form.
- The registration fee will not be refunded.
- Participants shall email the registration form along with the soft copy of the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registrations will be confirmed on a first come first serve basis.
- Only the first 20 registering teams will be entertained for participation.
- Registration will be complete only once both, the Registration Form and the proof of payment are emailed to the above said email.
- The propositions for moot, bail petition, domestic inquiry, and the topic for research paper presentation and legislation drafting will be given once final registration is completed.
Attractive cash prizes shall be awarded to the winners for every event. There shall be an overall championship as well as runners-up the championship for the best performing team.
- Last date for Provisional Registration: 5th August 2021.
- Last date for Final Registration: 10th August 2021
Any clarifications or queries can be emailed to email@example.com
- Staff Convenor: Dr Chandralekha- +91 9481916569
- Student Secretary: Ms Sharanya Bekal- +91 9482168637
- Mr Aditya R Rao- +91 9591416066
- Ms Kavya H- +91 9072128781
- Ms Sahana S Rao- +91 9620015220
- Ms Aayushi Jain- +91 7300099985