About SDC Foundation
Social Development for Communities (SDC) Foundation is a Dehradun, Uttarakhand-based not-for-profit engaged in research and communication on issues of climate change and public health in Uttarakhand. Founded in 2017, SDC works with the objective of creating an accountable and transparent governance system. Foundation believes firmly in citizen engagement and evidence-based advocacy practices. It has worked with a range of stakeholders like the Government of India, the Government of Uttarakhand, Private Corporations, International Development Agencies, Media Groups, and Civil Society Organizations.
About the Internship
SDC Foundation has been advocating for sustainable waste management and responsible tourism in the hill cities and towns for a long time. The rising climate change crisis and the COVID-19 pandemic, have further exacerbated the issues related to waste and tourism. These are also affecting the economy, livelihoods, and public health systems at large in Uttarakhand.
The research internship is aimed at carrying out research on waste management laws and policies, the concept of responsible tourism in hill cities, local policy framework, judicial interventions and the impact of COVID-19. It will also include engagement with relevant stakeholders like government officials, journalists, advocacy workers, and others and documenting their experiences and views on the issue. The output of this research shall be shared in the form of factsheets, reports, presentations, or blogs. Candidates are also expected to assist the Foundation in its day-to-day works, projects, and campaigns.
Requisites for Internship
- Stable and high-speed internet connection and laptop
- Fluent in writing in English
- Ability to do research and review a large amount of literature/data
- Experience in drafting documents like reports or policy briefs
- Experience in taking interviews and good communication skills
- Good knowledge of social media
- Self-driven and eager to explore new ideas
- Candidates with experience of using Canva or Adobe Photoshop or any other graphic creation software will be given preference
- Candidates with prior experience of working in waste management issues will be given preference.
- Candidates from any discipline of study are encouraged to apply.
- Female candidates and candidates from marginalized groups and LGBTQIA+ will be given preference.
- This is a work-from-home internship opportunity.
On successful completion of the internship, a Certificate of Internship will be provided.
30 days (can be extended)
All the interested candidates are required to send their resume and a cover letter (describing how you can contribute to this internship program is not more than 300 words) at email@example.com. The candidate is also expected to share the tentative dates of his/her availability for the internship program. Applications not following the submission procedure will be rejected outrightly.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for an online interview.
Last Date of Application
20th August 2021
Research and Advocacy
Leave a Reply