About the Organisation:
Team Attorneylex is a Student-run organisation, it is an online platform for law students where they can contribute their legal knowledge and get recognized for their contribution.
Along with the other activities the endeavour is to deliver legal help to the sectors of society that are unable to access existing legal services due to illiteracy and poor economic conditions.
About the Competition:
The objective of this competition is to promote the importance of the latest landmark judgment passed by the Supreme Court of India. This competition will enable the participants to know how these latest judgments have changed the overall course of justice. The Supreme Court landmark judgments provided as the theme of the Competition would not only enrich the academic experience but also provide knowledge about the practical aspect of the professional legal world. This Case Comment Writing Competition seeks to promote original thoughts, and analysis amongst students, researchers, academicians and legal practitioners.
- Open to All.
- All undergraduate and postgraduate students, teachers, research scholars from a recognized school, college or university are eligible to participate in this competition.
List of Cases for Case Comment Writing ( Choose any one)
- Aruna Ramachandra Shanbaug v. Union of India (2011) [Passive euthanasia]
- Lily Thomas v. Union of India (2013) (Struck down as unconstitutional Section 8(4) of RPA,1951)
- Olga Tellis v. Bombay Municipal Corporation, 1985 (fundamental right cannot be waived)
- State of Karnataka v. State of Tamil Nadu [Cauvery Dispute]
- Durga Prasad v. Baldeo and others [(1881) ILR3ALL221]
- Sri Gopal Jalan & Co. v. Calcutta Stock Exchange Association Ltd [1964 AIR 250, 1964 SCR (3) 698]
- Dheeraj Mor v. Hon’ble High Court of Delhi [Judicial Services 2020]
- Amit Sahni v. Commissioner of Police, [2020 SCC OnLine SC 808] ( Shaheen Bagh Protests)
- Bajaj Electricals Limited vs. Gourav Bajaj & Anr (Patent Law)
- Dr. Shah Faesal & Ors. v. Union of India & Ors. [2020 4 SCC 1] ( Article 370 )
- Pandurang Ganpati v. Vishwasrao Patil Murgud Sahakari Bank Ltd [2020 SCC OnLine SC 431] (SARFAESI Act )
- Chebrolu Leela Prasad Rao & Ors. v.State of A.P. & Ors. [2020 SCC OnLine SC 383] (100% reservation for tribal teachers)
- Swapnil Tripathi & Ors. v. Supreme Court of India & Ors. [Verdict on Live-streaming Apex Court Proceeding]
- Novartis vs. Union of India [CIVIL APPEAL No. 2706-2716 OF 2013 (ARISING OUT OF SLP(C) Nos. 20539-20549 OF 2009] (Patent Law)
- Bayer Corporation vs. Union of India [162(2009) DLT 371]
- New India Assurance v. Hilli Multipurpose Cold Storage Pvt. Ltd. [2020 SCC OnLine SC 287] ( Consumer Forum has no jurisdiction to extend time beyond 45 days for opposite party’s version)
- Independent Though v. Union of India and Anr. (2017) 10 SCC 800
- Mukesh & Anr. v. State (NCT of Delhi) & Ors. (2017) 6 SCC 1
- Supreme Court Advocates-on Record Association v. Union of India, 2014 (NJAC was held unconstitutional)
- State vs. Ram Singh and another SC No. 114/2013 (Nirbhaya Case)
- The case comment should preferably include the following elements: Synopsis, background, facts of the case, issues, contentions, findings, reasoning, disposition, critical analysis, conclusion.
- The submission must be original.
- Submission must be in English Language only.
- It should be submitted in Word/ Docs document format only.
- Word Limit: 1200-2400 words excluding citations.
- Plagiarism limit: 25%.
- Co-authorship is permitted( Max. 2 Authors)
- Formatting Details:
- Font: Times New Roman
- Title: Font Size – 14, Bold, Underlined, Capital
- Headings: Font Size – 14, Bold, Capital
- Content: Font Size – 12
- Alignment: Justified
- Line Spacing: 1.5
- Citation: Endnote (20th Blue Book)
- All submissions shall be made to email@example.com with a subject – “Submission: National Case Comment Writing Competition”.
Note: The submission shall also be accompanied by another Word document consisting of a Cover Letter mentioning the Name of the Author/s; Name of the Institution/College/University; Designation; Year of Study (if applicable); Email ID.
Marks Shall be allotted based on:
- Understanding of the Facts of the Case (Topic chosen)
- Analysis and Conclusion
- Presentation and Creativity
- Compliance & Strict Adherence to formatting and submission guidelines
Important Dates and Timing:
- Last Date of Registration: 20 August 2021
- Last Date of Submission: 21 August 2021, 11:59 PM.
- Declaration of Results: 25 August 2021
- Winner: Cash prize Rs. 2000/- + Certificate of Merit + Free Article/ Case Summary publication on the website + Online Internship opportunity with the Team Attorneylex.
- Runner up: Cash prize Rs. 1000/- + Certificate of Merit + Free Article/ Case Summary publication on the website + Online Internship Opportunity with Team Attorneylex.
- 2nd Runner Up: Cash prize Rs. 500/- + Certificate of Merit + Free Article/ Case Summary publication on the website + Online Internship Opportunity with Team Attorneylex.
- Top 20 Performers: Certificate of Merit + Free Article/ Case Summary publication on the website + Online Internship Opportunity with Team Attorneylex.
- E – participation Certificate will be provided to all the participants.
Single Author: Rs. 60/- (Early bird offer Rs. 50, till 10th August)
Two Authors: Rs. 100/- (Early bird offer Rs. 90, till 10th August)
Paytm/ G-pay/Phonepe- 9616696008 (Gaurav yadav)
Bhim UPI- 9616696008@upi
Name- Gaurav Yadav
Bank – HDFC Bank
Account Number- 50100429858721
IFSC Code- HDFC0009157
Click here to register,
If you have any queries feel free to contact
Vanshika – 07055460463
Gaurav – 09616696008