Tamil Nadu National Law University, formerly Tamil Nadu National Law School, is a National Law University. Admissions to the university are done on the basis of the Common Law Admission Test.
About Constitutional Law Society of TNNLU
The Constitutional Law Society of TNNLU is an academic committee that endeavours to raise awareness about various important and contemporary topics of Constitutional Law, and bring them into the mainstream. Our aim is to encourage the spirit of rational inquiry and critical thinking vis-a-vis constitutional developments. We believe that every citizen should have a fundamental grasp upon the basics of constitutional law, as it forms the backbone of our democratic rights, and this is this goal that we strive towards.
Through our extensive network of debates, discussions, media content, and legal writing, we hope to actuate a definitive change towards the way Constitutional Law is perceived, by making it more accessible, understandable and interesting.
Call for Blogs
The Blog invites rolling submissions on legal, institutional and policy perspectives of constitutional developments from students and experts in practice and academia.
Types of Submissions
The CLS- Blog welcomes submissions of the following types:
- Short Articles, which report on the results of new research in legal developments in relation to Constitutional law (up to 2000 words);
- Opinion pieces, which advance a personal viewpoint on a current issue or debate in Constitutional Law (700-1200 words);
- Legislative Comments, which addresses specific policy documents and draft legislation that affects public interest (up to 2000 words)
- Case Comments, which reports on specific cases in Constitutional law (up to 2000 words)
- Book Reviews, which critically analyses legal texts which concern Constitutional Law (up to 1500 words)
- All submissions must be in English.
- Submissions should be the original work of the contributor(s). Any form of plagiarism will result in an automatic rejection.
- An article can be co-authored by a maximum of 2 people.
- Authors must hyperlink wherever possible and must footnote the source only where strictly necessary. The citation must be done in ILI style of citation.
- Authors may submit pieces that have already been featured on other blogs, but they should disclose the previous publication during submission.
- Posts accepted for publication on the CLS-Blog shall not be cross-posted to other platforms within five days of publication. Following this period of time, cross-posting is permissible on the acknowledgement of previous publications on the CLS- Blog.
- Any conflict of interests should be disclosed.
- Submissions should not contain content that could be considered offensive, abusive, derogatory or potentially defamatory.
- Longer posts will be published only exceptionally if the topic so warrants the judgment of the editors.
- The editors of the CLS-Blog have absolute discretion in determining whether to accept a submission for publication on the Blog.
- To submit, click here.
Details to be Attached in the Form
- Manuscript along with an abstract of 80-100 words in .doc/.docx form.
- Type of submission.
- Author(s) Details- Name, contact information (phone number and mail ID), institutional affiliation
- In the case of a professional, a short introduction of the author.
- Optional: A relevant photograph that can be set as the preview image on the blog post. [Kindly do not upload your own photograph]
Categories:Call For Papers, Opportunities
Leave a Reply