About the Organization
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
About the Job
Job Title: Analyst, Legal Compliance-1
The Senior Analyst is responsible for leading and supporting a team of AML Analysts in day-to-day monitoring and/or investigations of potentially suspicious activity. The Senior Analyst is required to conduct reviews mainly on the B2B Transactions to identify potential high-risk transactional activity and take necessary actions to mitigate the compliance risks involves in the movement of funds across international boundaries. The Senior Analyst is also responsible to ensure timely reporting of suspicious transactions as required. It is further required to examine information received from clients, review reports on clients’ activities, and ensure proper record-keeping.
All About You
- Lead for all Compliance monitoring matters for B2B Business as a primary point of contact for business units and support functions.
- Review business transactions to identify and mitigate compliance risks presented.
- Ability to research and summarize appropriate information and document them accordingly.
- Ability to identify the risk factors involved in client relationships and summarize the same.
- Ability to mentor and guide other team members and Present your learnings to entire team from time to time
- Ability to Innovative pro-activity in process development / improvements.
- Maintain a sound understanding of the business activities and applicable laws and regulations in the Middle East, Asia, and European region
- Execution of due diligence responsibility requirements of the Anti-Bribery/Anti-Corruption Program, Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing & Sanctions Programs, including gathering information from open-source intelligence
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience in analyzing Business to Business cross border Transactions.
- 3 – 5 years of working experience in identification and analysis of Trade Based Money Laundering (TBML) tools and techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics, accounting, law, law enforcement or related fields preferred.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or willingness to obtain.
- Additional language skills – Arabic language skill is highly desirable
- AML-related controls, policies, and procedures.
- Inherent AML risks associated with Money Remittance and Payment industries.
- Principles of banking and finance and Payment industry operations.
- Understanding of the Global Money Remittances and Payment Industry as it relates to anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and other typologies.
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy and work on confidential and sensitive matters with a high degree of professionalism and discretion.
- Team player with strong collaborative qualities and a positive demeanor.
- Experience conducting research on the Internet.
- Analyzing transactional activity to identify suspicious transactions.
- Developing senior management-level metrics and reports.
- Gather information, identify linkages and trends, and apply findings to assignments.
- Interpret and apply industry-standard AML controls and identify and recommend compliance changes as appropriate.
- Work under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Handle highly confidential information professionally and with appropriate discretion.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
To apply, click here.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
These vacancies fill up fast; Join Team Attorneylex’s WhatsApp group to get notified immediately. Also check us out on Instagram and Twitter
Leave a Reply