About the Position
Sony Pictures is hiring a senior associate for ensuring compliance with data protection laws in multiple jurisdictions. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring compliance with data protection laws in multiple jurisdictions and assist the Digital team on aspects of licensing, commissioning, underlying works, technology, partnership, bundling, sales, gaming, marketing, regulatory and pre-litigation aspects.
1) Data Protection
- With LIV’s presence in various international territories, handling privacy matters for LIV including but not limited to ensuring compliance with GDPR;
- Reviewing and updating the privacy policies, cookie policies, and TOUs of LIV in line with the privacy laws in various international geographies like Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, etc.;
- Updating the privacy policies and TOUs on the channel websites like SET, SAB, PIX, etc. along with microsite terms and conditions;
- Advising and preparing necessary documentation pertaining to the processing of personal data relating to employees, agencies, vendors, customers, contestants, participants, etc.;
- Advising the various teams on privacy-related compliances vis a vis contest, marketing activities, etc;
- Preparing responses to consultation papers, discussion papers, draft laws pertaining to privacy issued by the government from time to time; Keeping abreast with privacy developments in India and internationally along with ensuring compliance, to the extent applicable.
- Handling documentation and negotiations pertaining to:
- Licensing (in & out);
- Content and app distribution;
- Subscriptions (wallets, bundling, coupons, etc.);
- Payment gateways;
- Production – Commissioning, co-production, underlying works, and due diligence;
- Sales (direct, volume discounts, etc.);
- Several ancillaries.
- Advising the business team on various Legal and Commercial issues pertaining to the transactions in terms of, rights procurement, embargos on monetization, the scope of intellectual property, and other contractual rights and obligations.
- Deployment of appropriate processes and practices in line with industry best practices and for streamlining the business.
- Pre-litigation documentation such as notices and responses to notices pertaining to LIV.
- Preparation of submissions to policy papers, consultation papers, etc., issued by MEITY, MIB, TRAI (OTT related), etc.
- Assist in collaborating with IAMAI/independent body.
- 6-7 years [of pure legal experience] (with several years of experience at leading global law firm(s) and/or in-house at major multinational corporations), preferably with some portion of that experience in commercial transactions and intellectual property issues (as mentioned below)
- 3– 4 years in the Media & Entertainment Industry (more specifically in the OTT space) with at least 2 years of experience in data protection
To apply, click here.