Chanakya National Law University is a public law school and a National law University in Patna, Bihar, India. It was established in 2006 by the Government of Bihar as a public university dedicated to the field of legal education.
- Be the Key Facilitator and Reference Point for the highest standards of research in Corporate Law, Governance and Insolvency in India.
- To be the Centre of Excellence.
About the Internship Opportunity at CARCIL
The objective of the Internship Opportunity at CARCIL is:
- To familiarize interested and willing students of Corporate Laws with Company Legislations, Bankruptcy and Insolvency Laws, Corporate Governance, Securities Legislations and their applications.
- To research in the areas of Corporate Laws
- To conduct exploratory and doctrinal research in the field of Insolvency, Bankruptcy and Securities Laws.
- To interact with legal academicians, policy practitioners and experts on Corporate Laws.
Number of Interns Required
- Applicable to Indian Nationals only.
- The internship is open to students pursuing 3 year/5 year undergraduate Laws courses or 1 year/2 year LL.M. courses from recognized Institutions and Universities.
Skills and Attributes Required
- Students must have a keen interest in Commercial Laws and the wide aspects of this field of Law.
- Students must have a prudent and ample amount of knowledge and understanding pertaining to Commercial Laws, Bankruptcy and Insolvency Laws, and Corporate Governance.
- Students must be well versed in the types and procedures of conducting research.
- The internship is normally for a period of one month, commencing on the 1st working day of the month. However, applicants desirous of pursuing an Internship for 2-3 calendar months can also apply with due recommendation of the respective universities/Colleges/ Institution for the period applied for.
- There will be a short induction program on provisions of Companies Act, 2013, Bankruptcy and Insolvency Laws, Research Methodology on the 1st day of Internship by the esteemed Director and Co-Director of CARCIL, CNLU, Patna.
- The Internship will be in offline/online mode (as decided by CARCIL).
- Selected Interns will be allotted specified research work pertaining to different areas of Commercial Laws.
- Interns are expected to maintain discipline, punctuality, and integrity, non-compliance whereof shall result in termination of the Internship.
- The internship is a full-time program and hence interns are required to observe the working hours of the University.
- The Internship may be discontinued at any time if the performance of the intern is not found satisfactory or the intern is absent without authorization of concerned authorities of CARCIL.
- Certificates will be issued to the interns on successful completion of their Internship.
- This Internship is stipend free and hence, no honorarium will be granted to the Interns.
- The students have to send an email to email@example.com attaching their updated Curriculum Vitae and expressing their interest in interning with CARCIL, CNLU, Patna.
- The subject of the email must be “Application for Internship @ CARCIL, CNLU, Patna”.
- The e-mail should be sent on or before the 7th January 2022 by 9 PM.
This form needs to be filled after you have applied for the internship.
After a review of applications and CV, the selected applicants will be intimated through their concerned e-mail ids.
- Interns will be provided with minimum logistic support. The CARL has to Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy, and so the interns are expected to carry their own laptops with them. However, office space will be provided to them.
- Interns will work in the premises of the University or through online mode (as it will be decided by the CARCIL) and can access the library of the University if needed.
- The competent authority or nominee of the institution or referee recommending the candidature for the Internship is expected to be available for interactions with the University if need be.
For any queries, please drop us an email at carcil[at]cnlu.ac.in