About Singapore International Arbitration Centre
Since commencing operations in 1991 as an independent, not-for-profit organisation, SIAC has established a track record for providing best in class arbitration services to the global business community. SIAC arbitration awards have been enforced in many jurisdictions including Australia, China, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Thailand, UK, USA and Vietnam, amongst other New York Convention signatories. SIAC is a global arbitral institution providing cost-competitive and efficient case management services to parties from all over the world.
About the Internship Opportunity at SIAC
The Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications for the Internship Opportunity at SIAC. The programme will provide valuable insight into working at a leading global arbitral institution, albeit virtually, and will help you gain a better understanding of the role and function of the Secretariat.
During your time with SIAC, you will have an opportunity to contribute to SIAC’s work, including assisting the Secretariat with research projects on various topics and writing arbitration related articles. You will also work on mock cases inspired by real-life SIAC cases, and receive feedback from the Secretariat. The internship programme is open to both local and overseas candidates.
The internship will be for a fixed period of two months, on a part-time basis. You will contribute 10 hours of work each week unless otherwise agreed. Please indicate (as specifically as possible) your (i) period of availability; and (ii) preferred dates.
- Term 1: 3 January 2022 – 30 June 2022
- Term 2: 1 July 2022 – 31 December 2022
This programme is being offered in a virtual format from Singapore. You are required to ensure that you have complied with your university’s / college’s policies and/or the relevant government regulations, if any, to undertake this virtual internship from your current country of residence and/or other relevant jurisdictions.
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of your college/university and/or postgraduate transcripts
- Statement of interest describing your objectives and motivation in applying for the programme
- A letter issued by your college/university confirming you are accepted to or enrolled with the college/university, and your participation in SIAC’s virtual internship programme does not violate the university’s policies and the relevant government regulations, if any, of your current country of residence and/or other relevant jurisdictions
- Letter(s) of reference and writing sample(s) (optional).
Please email your application to: email@example.com with the reference [Virtual Internship Programme] in the e-mail subject heading of your application. Only successful candidates will be notified.