About the Organization
Star India has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching over 790 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates more than 30,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 60+ channels. The network’s portfolio includes entertainment, movies, sports & hotstar.
About the Job
The individual will be an integral part of the Legal – IP team and will work across different lines of business across the Company on issues related to IP development, clearance, protection, and management. The team works on cutting-edge ideas and initiatives with supportive colleagues across the enterprise globally. The position will provide support and strategic legal advice to business units on trademark and copyright issues, and related legal questions and tasks, such as analyzing complex rights matters, reviewing and drafting IP-related language for agreements, analyzing IP issues related to emerging technologies, and other strategic business initiatives.
- Provide counseling to clients on numerous intellectual property matters, including trademark, copyright, and technology issues
- Advice on IP aspects of legal agreements, including structuring, negotiating and drafting technology and related business agreements
- Advising on copyright issues involving music and negotiating with copyright owners on various music issues
- Perform trademark clearances; trademark prosecution; supervision and work with in-house IP paralegal staff and outside counsel in multiple countries
- Consultation regarding legal developments in multiple countries on trademark and copyright issues
- Analyze and resolve intellectual property claims
- Minimum of five (5) years of IP experience with a major law firm and/or in-house department.
- Experience handling copyright, trademark, and technology issues
- Experience representing a major consumer brand or entertainment IP owner
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work quickly, efficiently, and collaboratively under multiple, high-priority deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Law degree from an accredited law school
To apply at Star India, click here.