About the University
Gujarat Maritime University is an endeavor by the Gujarat Maritime Board, Government of Gujarat to provide a fillip to the growth in the Maritime Sector by bridging the knowledge gap in the sector. The prime objective of Gujarat Maritime University is to be a global center of excellence in maritime education, research and development, professional training and it aims to enhance and increase the human capital and capacity of the maritime industry both in India and across the globe.
About the Journal
The GMU Journal of Maritime Environmental Law (GJMEL) is an initiative of the Centre for Maritime Environmental Law associated to the Gujarat Maritime University. In its endeavour to contribute to the burgeoning field of marine environmental law, the centre has introduced its Annual Print Journal, thereby calling out the legal community such as the student, academicians, professionals, policy makers, entrepreneurs and other esteemed guest from legal fraternity to contribute to the literature in the form of Research Paper / Articles.
Manuscripts related to legal and technical aspects of marine environment shall be accepted. The manuscripts are expected to have varied perspectives viz. national and international.
It is open for academicians, practitioners, research scholars, undergraduate and postgraduate students.
1. The author/s are requested to strictly follow the guidelines.
2. Only manuscripts in English shall be accepted for publication.
3. Manuscripts should be submitted as soft copy in MS Word as an attachment to an email to be sent at
4. Manuscripts should be submitted in Garamond with font size 12, line spacing 1.5’; justified, with margins of 1.5” to the left and 1.0” on all sides.
5. The author(s) is/are required to submit a covering letter containing all personal details (Name of the author/s, their degrees, Designation, Name of College/University/Institution, Postal Address, Phone Number and E-mail ID) in separate sheets.
Each Manuscript should contain:
a. Title page with full title and subtitle (if any). The Manuscript should not contain any identification of the author/s, which shall be ground for rejection of the submission.
b. Suggested Keywords 5-10 words
c. Abstract of 250-300 words
d. Word Limit (excluding footnotes)
e. Long article – (8000-10000 words)
f. Short Article – (3000-5000 words)
g. Legislative/Case Comment – (1200-1500 words)
h. Book Review – (700-1000 words)
i. Citation: OSCOLA (4th Edition)
How to Submit?
All submissions shall only be made at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Manuscript Submission for Volume I.
Submissions must be made in Microsoft Office (doc./docx.) formats only.
The paper should be free from all grammatical and spelling error
The deadline for making submissions is 31st December 2021.
E-mail ID: email@example.com
Abhay Singh, Assistant Professor, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: Manuscripts shall be assessed by subjection to Blind Review Process. Reviewers shall not be informed of the author’s name, university, year in college, or any other personal information