School of Law (SOL), Galgotias University has been a pioneer in grooming modern-day legal professionals with a multi-disciplinary edge since its inception in 2012.
In the backdrop of the New Education Policy and Outcome Based Education, the Higher Education Institutions have been focusing on scholarship in all specialized areas of study in combination with its corresponding impact in interdisciplinary spaces in order to make education more meaningful. In the discipline of Law, it is Jurisprudence that forms the bridge between the aims and fulfillment of these goals. Although not whole heartedly accepted by many of the students of law, cognitive training in Jurisprudence is essential in developing sound solutions for national and international problems. In the absence of any single authoritative definition of Jurisprudence, a speculative mind can still offer an intellectual challenge to the status quo and reform as well as refine the law in the interest of all.
Since Jurisprudence is one of the specialized courses related to the perspective building as approved by the BCI and is an updated subject relevant and capable of capturing the changes in legal studies, the School of Law, Galgotias University is pleased to inform and invite faculty members from all over India and abroad to participate in a week-long online Faculty Development Program on the importance of Jurisprudence in teaching Laws. There would be day-wise theme-based discussion, as research, teaching Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, IPR, ADR, and Corporate Laws. The themes of the sessions would range from the jurisprudential aspects of teaching a variety of laws; role of Jurisprudence in traditional theories of constitutional governance, corporate governance, gender inclusivity, to legal education and profession during and after COVID-19, basic research ethics and indexing, etc.
Objectives of FDP
The Program aims to:
- Introduce and discuss the classical as well as and contemporary perspectives pertaining to Laws.
- Inculcate a more holistic approach to teaching and learning of Laws.
- Enable a more wholesome approach while teaching the variety of Laws.
- Make teaching-learning of any subject facilitating and engaging.
Themes of the FDP
- Significance of inculcating Jurisprudential aspects in understanding and teaching Law.
- The adaptive approach undertaken by teaching profession post COVID-19.
- Gender Inclusivity under the prism of Jurisprudential perspective.
- Comprehend the subjects of Cyber Crime, ADR, Corporate Law, IPR, Constitutional Law through the Jurisprudential lens.
- Compulsory Licensing in the Pharmaceutical Industry with special reference to COVID-19 Vaccine.
- Replenish knowledge of Research and Research Ethics.
- Relevance of Indexing in Research Work.
They expect any person who has an interest in teaching and research to come forward for the Program. They may belong to a law and/or inter-disciplinary background, whether pursuing post-graduate or PhD or academician/practitioner having an interest in the subject.
Seeing the prevalence of the pandemic, we would hold the sessions on the popular platform Zoom.
Registration Fee: Rs. 500/-
For certification minimum of 75% attendance and fee payment is required.
For Funds Transfer by NEFT/IMPS:
- Name of the Account: SCHOOL OF LAW GALGOTIAS UNIVERSITY
- Account Number: 09701100000025
- Account Type: CURRENT ACCOUNT
- Payee Bank: PUNJAB AND SIND BANK
- IFSC Code: PSIB0020970
- Address: KAISON TOWER, IST FLOOR, ALPHA-I, GREATER NOIDA- 201308, UTTAR PRADESH
NOTE-For certification minimum 75% attendance and the fee payment is required.