ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION-
Vakeel Sahab Pro is an online Indian legal Portal founded in the year 2020, envisioned to empower the Lawyer’s creed. Law is like an ocean the deeper you go, the more you realise its depth. We aim to enhance your legal knowledge and skills not only by providing a learning platform but to make use of law in forming your opinions and raising your arguments.
Our startup strives to bring innovative legal events and programs for participants who are willing to stand apart from the crowd and realise their potential in uncommon ways. Being part of the legal world is about adding value to your personality and professional development. We always try to achieve what is fruitful for your Curriculum Vitae as well as self-fulfillment. The usual bars to learning surrounded by orthodox methods leave no space for growth. Thus our mission should be to break the four walls of customary learning and think out of the box ways to advance our growth.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION –
Vakeel Sahab Pro is organizing the Oxford-style debate competition where the participants are required to show their talents of words and expressions through debating skills on various topics in an online mode.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE –
-Anyone pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate courses from any recognized university or college
– Legal Processionals only.
DATE OF DEBATE-
16th 17TH & 18th May 2021
WHAT IS OXFORD STYLE DEBATE?
It is a type of debate on the predetermined statement- also called as a motion, the participants are required to present the arguments in one by one manner as first-person will present his or her arguments and after that opponent will present his or her argument.
When one person will speak then no opponent will say and vice versa.
One will go – for the motion
One will go – against the motion which will be decided by organizers.
1. Debate will be on language – Hindi or English only.
2. There will be of total three rounds i.e (Preliminary, Semi Finale, Final Round)
3. On the first day, only a preliminary round will execute as the participants will get one topic each for one team and then they will get only 10 min (5 min each side in 2 min break ) and 1 min if they are having some introduction or speech related to that topic.
4. First 2 min from for the motion then the opponent will come and start for 2 min and same will happen for three times and after that, both can ask questions from each other if they want or if they don’t want to then they can continue 2 min break arguments debate.
5. One-minute speech or introduction is not compulsory.
6. Conclusion is compulsory. (Extra one minute for this)
7. No personal, religious, slang words have to be used.
8. Making notes is permitted.
9. If a participant of the other side is not present then only one side participant will present his or her arguments and a rebuttal will be held from the organizers.
10. Only formal dress will be allowed.
11. Final Results will be binding on everyone and no one can go against that order.
12. No rebuttal and questioning & answering will be held in the first round.
13. Only one winner will get Achievement Certificate and all others will get a PARTICIPATION CERTIFICATE.
14. Use of Webcam/face camera while debating is compulsory and participants have to face the camera.
15. Reading from any written document is prohibited and if the organizers get to know about this so the participants will be disqualified immediately.
16. Topic of Motion for the second round will be given before 12 hours of debate.
17. The participants are required to keep themselves ready to log in before 10 min so that the punctuality and internet connection can be managed.
18. Internet connection problems are not our problem.
19. Ten minutes in First Round
- Eighteen min in Second Round
- Twenty Three min in Final Round
20. Team will be made on a knockout basis.
21. One team code will also be given to them.
22. No extra time for poor internet connection problems.
There is a nominal fee of 121 Rs for registration.
Please pay fees on – 8933948420
GooglePay / PhonePe/ PayTm/ Amazon Pay/ BHIM
–3000rs for the winner.
–500 Rs for top 2 runner-ups.
–Hard Copy of the Certificates will be sent to everyone who will take part in the first round at least.
–Publication Opportunity for 10 top runner-ups.
TOPIC OF MOTION –
For the First round – 24 hrs before
For the Second round – 12 hrs before.
Final Round topic of motion is – TOTAL LOCKDOWN SHOULD BE IMPOSED ON INDIA OR ONLY WEEKEND DAYS & FEW HOURS IN A DAY SHOULD BE IMPOSED FOR CURING THE COVID-19 ?
CONTACT DETAILS :
+91 8112457884 – only WhatsApp
IMPORTANT DATES –
Last date for registration = 15th May
Debate on 16th to 18th May
Results – 20th May
Certificates dispatch begins from 24th May
OFFICIAL WEBSITE – www.vakeelsahabpro.com