About Law Guru Institute:
Law Guru is a leading law coaching institute in Pune established in 2010 by Adv. Gajanan Choudhary. It remains steadfast to its commitment of becoming an institute that sets higher standards of eminence among legal professionals through distinguished educators. Educators at Law Guru are passionate about contributing to the legal community of India by creating exceptional lawyers.
At Law Guru our goal is to enrich legal education. Thus, we provide our students with the best of education, training and knowledge. सं श्रुतेन गमेमहि।, our motto, taken from the Atharva Veda signifies our endeavour and faith that the path of our progress be led by means of knowledge.
We work to bridge the gap between theoretical legal education and the actual practice of law by imparting practical legal knowledge. We believe more in innovation rather than abidance to conventional education techniques. This ensures that we create an all-round developed, responsible law student community that is able to contribute through a humane approach, to the larger legal fraternity and the country.
Law Guru has successfully made its presence felt among the law students of Pune and
has established a legacy of quality education dispensation. Presently, we are primarily based in Pune where we have our main branch at Karve Road and a second branch in Camp, Pune.
About the Competition:
Law Guru Institute, Pune’s premier law coaching institute has always strived for excellence in the field of legal education by offering law students the opportunity to hone their skills and showcase their talent through various platforms such as Moot Court Competitions, Blog Publication opportunities and Article Writing Competition. This has helped students of law to highlight their flair for research coupled with application of legal knowledge.
With the commencement of the new Academic year 2020-21, Law Guru Institute has again come up with an excellent opportunity for the legal folks by organizing its Article Writing Competition on contemporary legal issues in India. The aim of the competition is to further the brilliant flow of ideas by young legal minds who possess a zeal for research, analytical approach, profound thinking and writing aptitude
In order to be able to participate in this competition, a person must be:
1) A student of law enrolled in a 5 year or 3 year law course in any college or university recognized by the Bar Council of India.
2) Co-authorship can be of maximum 2 authors. The co-authors may be from the same or two different institutions.
The Article should pertain to any ONE of the themes given below only:
- Encounters by Police: Legal Analysis of their Authenticity in the Light of Current High Profile Events.
- The Freedom of Religion versus Other Fundamental Rights
- The COVID-19 Lockdown and Migrant Workers’ Rights
- The Citizenship Amendment Act, 2019
- Change in the Legal Dimension of Environment Impact Assessment
- Supreme Court Judges under Right to Information.
- The COVID-19 Lockdown and Domestic Violence Cases
- The Dilemma Surrounding Conducting Examinations Amid a Pandemic: UGC v/s State Government
- The Kulbhushan Jadhav Case
- Transgender Rights
- The Ayodhya Case Verdict
- Internet Regulation by the Government
- COVID-19 and the Partial Functioning of Courts: Is Justice Denied?
- Contempt of Court: Criticism of Judges and Judicial Decisions
- The Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act, 2019
- Participants must make full payment of the registration fees, fill the Google form provided with accurate details in order to get their registration confirmed.
- The article may be written by a single or a maximum of two authors.
- One participant can register only once as a single author or co-author.
- More than one submission of article or registration from one participant shall be liable for disqualification.
- The article must be based on any one of the themes as provided. Based on the selected theme, the author(s) must give a title to their article.
- The article shall not include any defamatory content towards any gender, sex, community, religion, caste, race, creed whatsoever.
- Articles are strictly meant to be the original work of the authors. If it is found to be
- substantively plagiarized, it shall be immediately disqualified and the decision of the
- Institute shall be final regarding the same. Plagiarism in the article shall not exceed 20%.
- At the beginning of the article document, there shall be a mention of – Name, College
- Name, College/University, Year of study of both the Author and the Co-Author, the
- selected Theme and the Title of the Article.
- The article shall contain a minimum of 1500 words. The maximum limit of words in the
- article is 1800. (Both exclusive of citations).
- The article shall be submitted in MS Word document only.
- The following must be followed in the article format:
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font size:12
- Title Font Size: 14
- Citation Font Size: 10
- Line spacing: 1.5
- Citation line spacing: 10
- Citation format/style – SILC (Standard Indian Legal Citation)
- Page Margin Spacing: 1” (Top, Bottom, Left, Right)
- All references must be in the form of footnotes only.
1) Single Author: ₹150/-
2) Co-Author: ₹200/-
Step 1: First make payment for registration and take a screenshot of the same.
Step 2: Only after making successful payment go on to filling registration form.
Step 3: While filling registration form you are required to have image of passport size photo,
signature, College Id card and Payment receipt. Images should be compressed one.
Bank Name: ICICI Bank Ltd.
Account Name: Law Guru Coaching Classes
Account Number: 338605000038
Account Type: Current
IFSC Code: ICIC0003386
Link for Online Payment:
A. 1st Prize: ₹5000/- + E-Certificate of Merit + Publication on Law Guru’s blog page.
B. 2nd Prize: ₹3000/- + E-Certificate of Merit + Publication on Law Guru’s blog page.
C. 3rd Prize: ₹2000/- + E-Certificate of Merit + Publication on Law Guru’s blog page.
D. ₹1000/- will be given to 2 articles each for Best Legal Research + E-Certificate of Merit +
Publication on Law Guru’s blog page.
E. All participants shall receive a Certificate of Participation.
Registration Begins 1st August, 2020, Saturday
Last Date of Registration 15th August, 2020, Saturday, by 11:59 p.m.
Last Date of Submission of Article 25th August, 2020, Tuesday, by 11:59 p.m.
Date of Publication of Results 1st September, 2020, Monday
All queries and submissions and should be addressed to email@example.com.
Queries shall bear the subject title: Query regarding 1st Law Guru Article Writing
Submissions shall bear the subject title: Article Submission for 1st Law Guru Article
Writing Competition, 2020.
Contact: Students should enquire only between Morning: 9.30am to 11am & Evening: 6.30pm to 8.30pm
Adv. Gajanan Choudhary : M – 9371224923 / 9021428115