Established in 1897, the Godrej Group has its roots in India’s Swadeshi movement. Our founder, Ardeshir Godrej, lawyer-turned-serial entrepreneur failed with a few businesses before he struck gold with the locks business that you know today. One of India’s most trusted brands, with revenues of USD 4.1 billion, Godrej enjoys the patronage of over 750 million Indians across our consumer goods, real estate, appliances and many other businesses. You think of Godrej as such an integral part of India that you may be surprised to know that over 25 per cent of our business is done overseas.
Roles & Responsibilities
Roles for the Job Opportunity at Godrej are:
- In house drafting of all transactional documents such as joint development agreements, Share Purchase Agreements, Shareholders Agreements. LLP Agreements/Deeds, Agreement to Sell, Sale Deeds, Lease Deeds, General power of Attorney as well all other contracts, agreements, Bank Guarantees etc.
- Title due diligence of land and timely risk identification.
- In house drafting of all contracts/documentation such as application forms, allotment letter, agreement for sale, buyer’s agreement, conveyance deeds, lease deeds, all customer-related documents/communications, collaboration/joint venture agreement for land development GPA, etc. timely closure of documents/agreements from a legal perspective.
- In house drafting of legal notices, pleadings related to disputes/litigations.
- Conformance with all legal requirements related to contracts.
- In time and Timeliness and correctness of legal opinion, as may be required by the company from time to time.
- Interaction with the internal teams and external lawyers, JVPs, clients, customers etc.
Requirements for the Job Opportunity at Godrej are:
- Qualification: LLB
- Experience: 6 – 8 Yrs (preferable from a law firm or Real Estate Industry)
- Has hands-on experience in handling all types of contracts, agreements, service agreements, commercial contracts, NDA, CSR Agreements, Marketing Agreements/documents/collaterals, Bank Guarantees, service agreements and other deeds and documents and handling /negotiating for the closure of the documents.
- Experience in handling joint venture transactions including (a) drafting of collaborations agreements, joint development agreements, LLP Deeds, General Power of Attorneys; (b) negotiations with the opposite party for closure of transaction; and (c) Risk identification in the transaction with mitigation
- Has knowledge of the land and has handled title due diligence
- Has hands-on experience in handling customer related issues, including (a) drafting of application forms, allotment letters, agreement for sale, buyer’s agreements, conveyance deeds, maintenance agreements etc.; and (b) handling disputes raised by the customer
- Has hands-on experience in research work, Generate a knowledge repository for updates on laws, regulations, ordinances, by-laws relating to the real estate industry and make the same available to the team
- Has hands-on experience and knowledge of RERA and implications/applicability/updates/law/documents/model formats of agreements under RERA etc.
- Experience in handling litigations.
Location of Job Opportunity at Godrej is Mumbai HO (Vikhroli)
Interested candidates can apply using this link