IBC16 is a blog dedicated to the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016. It is an initiative started in an attempt to contribute to India’s burgeoning restructuring community. They believe that a new profession under a new law deserves an appropriately fresh and modern platform.
About the Internship Opportunity with IBC16
IBC16 is looking for an Assistant Editor to assist the Editor-in-Chief.
This will be an online internship, and it is open only to those candidates who would not be engaged elsewhere during their tenure with IBC16.
The responsibilities for the Internship Opportunity with IBC16 include but are not limited to:
- Writing well-researched and original articles on various topics under IBC
- Organizing events that promote the platform
- Reviewing submissions for publication on our blog
- Managing IBC16’s social media handles
- Student of 3rd/4th year in a 5-year law program, or 2nd/3rd year in a 3-year law program
- Must have a genuine interest in insolvency and restructuring laws and familiarity with the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
Additionally, the following would be instrumental in the success of an application:
- Prior, demonstrable experience inefficient legal research, judgment analysis and analytical legal writing
- Strong work ethic and an ability to meet deadlines
- Prior work/internship experience in the area of insolvency and bankruptcy
- Past editorial experience
- Creative thinking and ability to take initiative.
- An established presence and frequent activity on LinkedIn would be an added advantage.
Number of Vacancies
A stipend of Rs. 5000/- per month will be given
The internship will be for 3 months starting from January 15, and it may be extended further depending on the intern’s performance and interest.
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Application – Assistant Editor’ latest by January 10, 2022.
- Cover Letter highlighting how you meet the requirements of the position
- A writing sample of 800-1000 words on any current issue under IBC which is of interest to you (if previously published, should not be older than six months).
Shortlisted applicants would be informed in due time.