About the Chair on Consumer Law, NLUD
The Chair on Consumer Law has been established at the National Law University, Delhi by the Department of Consumer Affairs, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Government of India in the year 2019. The Chair was set up to act as a Think Tank for Research and Policy related issues on Consumer Law & Practice, and to develop Consumer Law as a distinct subject of study both at Under Graduate & Post Graduate levels.
About the Blog Writing Competition by NLUD
On the occasion of National Consumer Day which is being celebrated on December 24, 2021, the Chair on Consumer law, NLU Delhi (“the Chair”) is organising a Blog Writing Competition by NLUD. The best two entries would be given the Certificate of Appreciation by the Chair accepted blogs and published in the Second Issue of the Newsletter of the Chair. The Chair has already published the first issue of its newsletter in October 2021.
Know your Consumer Rights
- Co-authorship is permitted. (Maximum of two authors)
- The submission shall be in the English language.
- The word limit for the article is 1200 words. However, longer submissions may be considered on a need basis. The word limit is inclusive of the footnotes.
- Any uniform format of citation can be adhered to for the purpose of citations.
- The submission must have hyperlinks to sources, including any judgments, laws, treaties or other legal texts which are referenced. Hyperlinks must link only to legal or respected news sources. The Editorial Board will make the final decision over what constitutes a respectable source. References that cannot be hyperlinked may be cited using any uniform style of formatting.
- The submission of the author/authors shall be the original work of the author and should not be plagiarized. All submissions will undergo a strict online plagiarism check.
- The authors must also include a declaration as to the bona fides of their submission in their email. A sample declaration to that effect can be: “The article/blog is an original work of the author(s). I(We) certify that my(our) submission is original, has not been published elsewhere, and is not under review or consideration elsewhere.”
- The final publication of all submissions shall be subject to changes by the Board.
- The Board reserves the right to summarily reject or return the submission to the author/authors without feedback for non-compliance with these guidelines.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the Board shall be final and binding.
- The opinion/thoughts/ideas or any view of the author expressed and published on the blog are respective views of the authors. The institution or the Board shall not be held responsible or accountable for the opinion expressed by the author on the blog article.
- A relevant photograph can be provided by the authors describing their blog submission. Accompanying the image is optional (The Board may include one if accepted by the author). If the author wishes to provide an image to go with her blog article, the photo should be attributed (provide image source URL), be at least 200×200 pixels in either. JPG or. PNG format.
- If the blog article is published, the author has full rights to the content, including but not limited to editing, mixing, duplicating, using, or re-using it in whole or in part as he/she chooses. However, copyright of the blog articles, once it is published, would vest entirely with the Chair on Consumer Law, NLUD.
- Cross-publishing is allowed although, with the prior permission of the Board, due credits must be given to the site of publication of the newsletter while cross-posting. It should be done in the following format:- “This article/blog was first published on the …… Blog.”
Formatting guidelines for this competition are:
- Body: Font – Garamond, Font size- 12, Line spacing- 1.5, Alignment- Justified
- Footnotes: Font – Garamond, Font size- 10, Line spacing- 1, Alignment- Justified
- The Author/s have been required to email the manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All entries should be submitted in .doc or .docx format.
- The last date for submission is December 30, 2021.
- The best entry will get a Certification of Appreciation and the top two blogs shall be published in the upcoming issue of the Newsletter of the Chair on Consumer Law, NLU Delhi.
- The author(s) shall specify in the mail body:
- Names of author(s).
- Name of the College/University.
- Email address and contact number.
The deadline of submission for this competition is December 30, 2021
Please feel free to reach out to us in case of any queries at email@example.com.
Leave a Reply