CRED is an exclusive community for India’s most trustworthy and creditworthy individuals, where the members are rewarded for good financial behaviour. CRED was born out of a need to bring back the focus on a long-lost virtue, one of trust, the idea is to create a community centred around this virtue. a community that constantly strives to become more virtuous in this regard till they finally scale their behaviour to create a utopia where being trustworthy is the norm and not the exception. to build a community like this requires a community of its own; a community special in its own way, working towards making this vision come true. Here’s a thought experiment: what do you get when you put a group of incredibly passionate and driven people and entrust them with the complete freedom to chase down their goals in a completely uninhibited manner?
Answer: you get something close to what we have at CRED; CRED just has it better.
About the Job Opportunity at CRED
The Job Opportunity at CRED is for the post of Associate in the legal department. The job role of this opportunity includes but is not limited to:
- Review and negotiate commercial agreements with various business partners (including D2C brands, banks, marketing agencies, tech platforms and financial institutions) on a wide range of matters from marketing, promotions, e-commerce contracts, payment support services contracts and similar standard commercial contracts to complex, high-dollar value transactions and cutting-edge business initiatives.
- Advice the business teams on laws applicable and legal risks related to new lines of business and assist the business teams in structuring the new lines of business
- Draft terms of service, standard form agreements and other documentation for new lines of business
- Provide day-to-day corporate and business law counselling
- Administer and resolve legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships
- Legal review of internal procedures and compliance issues
- Research and analysis related to new legislation, regulations, judicial precedents or other developments which may impact the business and liaison with law firms and external counsels
- 6+ years of relevant experience of working at law firms or at start-ups
- Strong expertise in legal drafting, research, negotiation and commercial and contentious work
- High competence to review and identify common legal issues in complex commercial documentation
- Had the exposure of having undertaken legal due diligence review of start-ups generally and fintech companies in particular
- Competence in a broad range of corporate and business laws, including various FEMA regulations and SEBI regulations along with the ability to address related research questions with ease
- Ability to analyze business processes, spot issues and propose/implement solutions
- Ability to function autonomously yet communicate laterally and upward with ease; Interest in start-up and fintech ecosystems along with the curiosity to track and keep abreast of the changing regulatory landscape; High motivation, are creative and laser-focused on the details
- The ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and to re-prioritize quickly to address shifting business needs.
To apply, click here.