About the Organization
In 2007, we started the Flipkart journey by selling books online. But now, over a decade later, our story is quite different. Today, Flipkart is India’s largest online marketplace and one of India’s leading technology powerhouses that is disrupting the way India shops online. What has got us here? The dynamic, passionate, and talented folks we call Flipsters! Our core values define our identity and form the basis of our actions and reflect in everything that we do at Flipkart. Values enable us to shape the desired organizational culture in which each Flipster can thrive and be at their best. We believe in taking bold bets and changing the paradigm, having a sense of urgency to solve problems strategically, and putting great ideas into action. We look at the world from our customer’s point of view and keep customers at the heart of everything we do. We strive to do the right thing always and be committed to our customers and stakeholders.
About the Job
- Ability to strategically handle and advise the Flipkart Group on all matters relating Flipkart’s e-commerce operations
- Provide legal advisory on impactful strategic business opportunities and support with the launch of new business initiatives and constructs.
- Provide legal clarifications on new and existing regulations such as FDI in eCommerce, PPI guidelines, data privacy, drugs and cosmetics, Food safety and standard regulations, business correspondent and outsourcing guidelines, nodal account guidelines, payment aggregator and payment gateway guidelines, Information Technology (Intermediary) Guidelines, OTT guidelines, legal metrology guidelines, etc.
- Research into new laws, regulations, and legal regimes that may impact e-commerce in India and advise on regulatory requirements, legal risks, and mitigation strategies.
- Collaborate closely with business partners to resolve all legal issues and mitigate liability risks.
- Build awareness of legal risk exposures and set up policies and processes for legal risk identification and mitigation.
- Risk spotting- Proactively identifying matters that could potentially impact the Flipkart Group
- Initiates cross-functional efforts to drive organizational alignment
- Demonstrate maturity, judgment, and functional expertise when solving legal issues and dealing with business stakeholders
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts relating to marketing, collaboration, advertisement, software, and IT hardware, etc
- LLB/LLM from a reputed Law College
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced dynamic business environment.
- Decisive as a leader who takes ownership of actions and responsibilities with the ability to take a constructive stand on difficult issues
- Collaborative, with the ability to build and sustain business relationships.
- 8-10 years of experience as an in-house counsel/in a law firm
- Ability to multitask, meet tight deadlines, prioritize, plan, coordinate and execute assignments
- Leverage business understanding / functional expertise to deliver value to stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and excellent command of English (both oral and written)with the ability to interface with people across all levels in the organization
- Adept to work on high bandwidth and supporting a variety of business needs
- Strong foundation in all laws which are applicable to the eCommerce sector.
- Good team player with a collaborative approach in completing assignments.
- Meticulous and punctual
To apply, click here.