About Ms Priya Garg
Ms Priya Garg is the trustee of two NGOs: The Corporate House and We, the Humans (both incorporated in 2021). For the last year, about 100 students from different premier universities have pro-bono served as research assistants for Ms Garg, and in turn for her 2 NGOs.
About the Research Assistantship Opportunity
This Research Assistantship Opportunity is similar to the ones offered before with a tweak that student researchers, besides working on a research project or independent research write up, may also be required/expected to take up some leadership work, be it in the field of fund-raising, outreach, collaborations, among other activities.
This would allow students to hone not only their research and writing skills but also their soft/leadership skills and get a unique and rounded experience.
Area for Research (Indicative Only)
- Company Law/Corporate Insolvency Law/Contract Law
- Human Rights or Public Law such as Constitutional Law or Project relating to legal education or non-fiction book project relating to bar and bench reforms
- Company Law/Corporate Insolvency Law: 10 (Ten)
- Human Rights or Public Law such as Constitutional Law or Project relating to legal education or non-fiction book project relating to bar and bench reforms: 15 (Fifteen)
- The minimum period of 3 months
- The Junior RAs are expected to dedicate a total of 30-40 hours per month
- The Senior RAs are expected to dedicate a total of 40-50 hours per month
- There would be reasonable flexibility to allow for the researcher’s own commitments such as examination and internship
RAs belong to one of two cadres: RA (Senior) and RA (Junior)
- They work under Ms Garg, who in turn, takes their research and writing inputs for her NGOs: The Corporate House and We, the Humans.
- Therefore, in effect, the students would be RAs to Ms Garg as well as to either or both of these NGOs, depending on their research interests.
A Senior RA is expected to demonstrate greater independence and initiative and is expected to discharge the following functions:
- Author independent pieces (about 3 blogs or 1 blog and 1 paper or excerpt of a report, among other kinds of writings)
- Spend 10-20% of their time towards organization building (non-legal research work)
A Junior RA is expected to discharge the following functions:
- Carry out research and facilitate the organization of the research-based events, and/or
- Carry out research and facilitate the organization of training programmes/courses, and/or
- Assist the Senior RAs with the authoring of their blog/paper
- Spend 10-20% of their time towards organization building
RAs would be mentored throughout the process and they may get a chance to seek expert opinions from the most eminent academics/professionals from India/abroad in relation to their research work.
- Law students pursuing BA LLB or LLB and fresh law graduates
- Desired skills: Academic merit (preferably, top 5-10% of the batch); knowledge/aptitude in the given area(s)
To apply, click here.
November 5, 2021
The perks for the vacancies are non-monetary.
The researchers may seek benefits such as mentorship, experience certificate, opportunity to attend courses offered by Ms Garg at her own initiative for law and management students and/or possibly a letter of recommendation.
Contact Ms Priya Garg at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further queries.