About the Organization
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance, and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Job
As part of the Swiss Re’s Asia legal team, the AVP Legal shall be providing legal support to Swiss Re’s India market-related operation. The AVP legal will assist the Mumbai operations of Swiss Re in all general corporate issues, regulatory & compliance issues, reinsurance contracts, and claims as well as reinsurance solutions and transactions.
Title: Associate Legal Counsel
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: Mumbai, India
Reporting to: Legal Counsel India
- Assist legal, regulatory & compliance issues related to product development for both property & casualty and life & health re/insurance business for the Indian market including solutions and transactions
- Assist legal issues related to general corporate matters
- Assist on regulatory issues related to the (re)insurance industry in India
- Assist on compliance matters and compliance training for India
- Understand the regulatory requirements for re/insurance contracts and claims and provide assistance to ensure compliance
- 13-16 years PQE, India qualified lawyer, preferably with a Bar Council registration
- Company Secretary qualification will be an added advantage.
- Experience with General Insurance Company is preferred
- Attention to detail, ability to work independently as well as with a cross-function team and do multi-tasking
- Excellent written and spoken English and preferably an Asian language
- Good communication and cross-cultural skills
- Prior experience with a Re/Insurance Company and Courts in India will be an advantage
To apply, click here.