About Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur (M.P.)
The Dharmashastra National Law University has been established by the Madhya Pradesh Dharmashastra National Law University Ordinance, 2018. The University has been allotted 120 acres of land in the lush green surroundings at Village Pipariya adjacent to the Jabalpur Airport.
State of the art infrastructure shall be established with all the modern amenities including residential facilities.
About the Centre for Law Economics
The Centre was formed to promote research in the conjoined fields of Economics and Law and to understand the interdependent relationship that exists between the condition of the Economy and the effect that it subsequently has on the economic laws of the country. It endeavours to provide solutions for the current issues pertaining to Law and Economics. The Centre is all set to become goodwill in its respective fields.
The aims and objectives include
- To promote the interdisciplinary field of Law and Economics in India.
- To work towards understanding the core problems an individual of our society faces in the context of Law and Economics.
- To publish journals and newsletters pertaining to the Centre’s interests.
- To gain perspective from well-known and experienced people in the field of Law and Economics.
- To make noteworthy contributions in the established area of research – Law and Economics which would further add to the existing knowledge in the field.
- To conduct various types of competition and activities relating to the current and challenging issues in the field of Law and Economics.
About the webinar
After successful conduct of guest lecturers and national webinar, with an illuminary panel of speakers, who have attracted students of law, academicians, research scholars and dignitaries from all over the country, the Centre puts a further step to decipher the needs of the era.
To accommodate the economic aspirations, a country needs to have a proper set of laws and policies which can protect the economic system and provide appropriate mechanisms. The era hence demands efficient laws and their operation in the legal world. The legal scholars hence play an important role to strike a balance between the economic endeavours and limits of the law. Through this webinar, we wish to muse on the dimension of the study of “law and economics” as an indispensable part of legal studies.
About the Resource Person:
Thomas Shahan Ulen is an American Law and Economics Professor, currently serving as Swanlund Chair Emeritus at the University of Illinois at Urbana – Champagne. Prof. Thomas S.Ulen received baccalaureates from Dartmouth College in 1968 and from St. Catherine’s College at the University of Oxford in 1972. He earned a doctorate in economics from Stanford University in 1979. Honorary Doctorate, Katholieke Universeit Leuven, Belgium, Board of Directors, American Law and Economics Association. His highly regarded textbook, Law and Economics, has been translated into Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Korean, French, and Russian.
Registration Link- https://forms.gle/CcpEo9fjc17GZvoGA
- Date: September 29, 2021
- Time: 7 PM (IST)
- Platform: Google Meet.
- NO REGISTRATION CHARGES
- Certificate of Participation*
*There is No Registration Charge to attend this webinar. However, those who want the Participation Certificate need to pay Rs. 100 only after the webinar.
For more information, contact:
- Dr Isha Wadhwa, Director CLE, DNLU Jabalpur(M.P.) Contact Number: +91 93997 52436
- Sukanya Nema, Student Member CLE Contact Number: +91 94251 62631
- Harsh Jain, Student Member CLE Contact Number: +91 62680 69230
Or mail your query at email@example.com
For more such opportunities; Join Team Attorneylex’s WhatsApp group to get notified immediately. Also check us out on Instagram and Twitter
Leave a Reply