About Cargill, Gurgaon
At Cargill, everything begins with our purpose to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Customers choose us for our world of expertise, delivered locally, quickly and reliably in a way that creates value together for them and us. Every day, we connect customers and suppliers to the world by developing personal relationships and setting the standard high on the way we work. When you join our team, you’ll discover that our diverse businesses and products span a wide range of industries, geographies and disciplines. No matter what you want to accomplish, at Cargill, you’re empowered to be your best. Join us to make connections, achieve your higher purpose and create a meaningful, global impact.
About the Job Opportunity at Cargill
Cargill, a global food corporation, is seeking to hire a competent lawyer for the job role of Contracts Lawyer for its office in India (Gurgaon). The Contracts Lawyer will be responsible to review, draft and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts ranging from low to high complexity for the assigned areas.
- Draft, review and negotiate legal documents including a wide variety of commercial contracts such as agreements relating to information technology, intellectual property, procurement, service, consulting, distribution, external manufacturing, sales, license and other legal agreements.
- Apply general knowledge to support the assigned contract categories, including template, playbook, quality control oversight and customer experience.
- Pursue professional development in support of the global contracts group, law and company priorities.
- Collaborate with members of the law team and clients to structure and execute a variety of complex commercial transactions following the established procedures.
- Leverage systems for workflow management, tracking and communicating the status of legal matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Juris Doctor or regional equivalent and licensed to practice law in current jurisdiction with an ability and willingness to be licensed in Minnesota
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Minimum of four related work experience
- Detail-oriented professional with knowledge and experience in common law legal principles and contracts.
- Previous experience in contract drafting, review and negotiation.
- Experience working with information technology agreements.
- Experience with contract lifecycle management systems