About the Organizer
Established in 2001, USLLS’s objective was to run Five Year Integrated Professional Law Courses and to serve as an institution of advanced legal studies. It was the first University Law School established in the vicinity of the Supreme Court, Delhi High Court, various subordinate courts, commissions, tribunals and various monitoring offices of national and international voluntary organizations. Its Faculty is selected prescribing higher qualification than the University Grants Commission (UGC).
The approach of the law school is to develop a positive attitude in students and make them realize that the lawyers are an integral part of the system of adjudication, determination of policies and setting up of standards for regulation of various activities through relevant institutions.
The Legal Entrepreneurship & Incubation Cell (LEIC)
Legal entrepreneurs approach the law (of any jurisdiction) as though it is a marketplace, akin to the manner in which the classical business entrepreneur approaches the economic marketplace. Legal entrepreneurship is an inherently multi-disciplinary exercise that moves beyond the classical lawyers perceived boundaries. Legal entrepreneurships are thus best viewed as the process of achieving a distinctive, sustainable position in the economic market by the deliberate and innovative exploitation of one or more legal flexibilities. Thus, an entrepreneurship cell is an important branch in any educational institution today.
The Legal Entrepreneurship & Incubation Cell seeks to perform the following roles:
Firstly, it shall act as a think tank to devise new ways to amalgamate legal education with entrepreneurial training. Secondly, it shall ensure that the ways devised by it are implemented effectively so as to produce the desired result. Thirdly, it shall ensure smooth introduction of entrepreneurial education into the law school curriculum and make appropriate strategy for the same. The strategy shall be revised from time to time. Fourthly, the cell shall fill the gap between planning and implementation of the entrepreneurial training of law students.
About the Webinar
The Webinar marks the inauguration of Legal Entrepreneurship & Incubation Cell. The broad topic of ‘Legal Entrepreneurship for New India’ will raise pertinent points of discussion on all facets of boosting entrepreneurship in the legal sector. The webinar will be held on 28th July, 2021 at 4 PM.
The event will be graced by the most esteemed panel of:
- Dr. Pavan Duggal, International Cyber Law Expert, Advocate at Supreme Court of India
- Dr. Meenal Sharma Jagtap, Joint Director at NILERD, NITI Aayog, Govt. of India, New Delhi
- Mr. Tanuj Kalia, Entrepreneur, Founder & CEO of Lawctopus.
The event will be widely publicized and it will be open for all. We expect a substantial turnout from students, teachers and lawyers and the general public.
Legal Entrepreneurship for New India
- Date of Webinar: 28th July, 2021
- Time of Webinar: 4:00 PM
- Medium: Zoom and YouTube Live (Tentative)
About the Speakers
- Dr. Pavan Duggal: While a practicing Advocate, Supreme Court of India, Dr. Pavan Duggal has made an immenseimpact with an international reputation as an Expert and Authority on Cyber Law, Cyber SecurityLaw, Artificial Intelligence Law & E-commerce law.Dr. Duggal has been acknowledged as one of the top 4 Cyber Lawyers around the world.WDD [World Domain Day] recognizes him as one of the top 10 Cyber Lawyers around the world.Dr. Pavan Duggal, is the Founder & Chairman of International Commission on Cyber SecurityLaw. He is also the President of Cyberlaws.Net and has been working in the pioneering area ofCyber Law, Cyber Security Law & Mobile Law. Pavan is also heading the Artificial Intelligence Law Hub and Blockchain Law Epicentre. He isthe Founder-cum-Honorary Chancellor of Cyber law University. His empanelment as a consultant to UNCTAD and UNESCAP on Cyber Law and Cyber Crimerespectively, membership of the AFACT Legal Working Group of the UN / CEFAT, consultingas an expert with the Council Of Europe on Cyber Crime, inclusion in the Board of Experts ofEuropean Commission’s Dr. E-commerce and his work as an expert authority on a Cyber Lawprimer for E-ASEAN Task Force and as a reviewer for Asian Development Bank speaks volumesof his worldwide acceptance as an authority.
- Dr. Meenal Sharma Jagtap is a PhD in Applied Economics with over 16 years of experience across a range of verticals. She is the Joint Director at NILERD, NitiAayog, Government of India. She has been associated with university teaching in multinational and cross cultural teaching environment for over 17 years.She was the Head of Department of Management and Commerce at Trinity Institute of Professional Studies, Dwarka. She was an Associate Professor at Amity University. She regularly publishes in reputed national and international journals. Her articles also appear in leading newspapers and periodicals at regular intervals. She also guides PhD scholars and two students have submitted their PhD thesis under her supervision till now. Her book titled “Monetary Policy in India–Theory and Practice” published in 2017 has been well received in academic circle.
- Mr. Tanuj Kalia is an alumnus of NUJS, Kolkata (2008-13).He has been the Founder, CEO and Publishing Editor of Lawctopus for almost 11 years.He is also the Founding CEO of NoticeBard. He is the prize-winning blogger Legal Poet and has worked at vakilsearch.com as the VP, Marketing for 6 months before deciding to work on Lawctopus full-time. His book ‘Law as a Career’ has been published by LexisNexis.
None. Any and all persons interested in law and/or entrepreneurship may register.
How to Register?
Interested persons may register by filling this Registration Form.
Kindly join the Whatsapp Group for the event by using the link at the end of the above form. The event is free and open to all audiences.
27th July, 2021