About Wildlife Crime Control Bureau
Wildlife Crime Control Bureau is a statutory multi-disciplinary body established by the Government of India under the Ministry of Environment and Forests, & Climate Change, to combat organized wildlife crime in the country. The Bureau has its headquarter in New Delhi; five regional offices at Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, and Jabalpur; three sub-regional offices at Guwahati, Amritsar, and Cochin; and five border units at Ramanathapuram, Gorakhpur, Motihari, Nathula, and Moreh. Under Section 38(Z) of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972, it is mandated to collect and collate intelligence related to organized wildlife crime activities and to disseminate the same to State and other enforcement agencies for immediate action so as to apprehend the criminals; to establish a centralized wildlife crime data bank; co-ordinate actions by various agencies in connection with the enforcement of the provisions of Act; assist foreign authorities and international organization concerned to facilitate co-ordination and universal action for wildlife crime control; capacity building of the wildlife crime enforcement agencies for a scientific and professional investigation into wildlife crimes and advise the Government of India on issues relating to wildlife crimes having national and international ramifications, relevant policy and laws. It also assists and advises the Customs authorities in inspection of the consignment of flora & fauna as per the provisions of Wildlife Protection Act, CITES, and EXIM Policy governing such an item.
About the Opportunity
Internship at Wildlife Crime Control Bureau provides an excellent opportunity for students/researchers to familiarize themselves with various issues related to wildlife & the functioning of the Wildlife Crime Control Bureau. Under the internship program, the intern shall have an orientation session on the organization and would be assigned specific areas of work. They shall report to and work under the close supervision of the Head of Department. The nature of work may be to collect & consolidate data on wildlife crimes or carry out any other task entrusted to them under the directions of the Head of Department.
Students pursuing graduation/post-graduation/Diploma in any of the following subjects.
- Any subject related to Wildlife Management/Conservation/Protection.
The applicant should not be in a regular job either in the Public/Private Sector. The applicant should not be more than 30 years of age. The applicant should be an Indian Citizen.
The Internship Programme in Wildlife Crime Control Bureau will be conducted in two-phase a year, during the summer & winter vacations of colleges. Summer Internship shall be conducted during the month of May & June and Winter Internships during the month of December & January. Each programme will be one month long commencing from the 1st of the month and concluding at the end of the month.
Certificate of Internship
The certificate will be issued by the Wildlife Crime Control Bureau to intern on
- Satisfactory completion of the internship
- Submission of a report on completion of the internship.
- Interested students may apply only in the prescribed format. To apply, click here.
- The application must contain a recommendation of the Head of Institute in official letterhead from the academic institution where the candidate is pursuing his/her studies.
- The Application in the prescribed format complete in all respects may be sent by post to reach-The Additional Director, Wildlife Crime Control Bureau, 2nd floor, Trikoot-I, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066.
- Envelope carrying application should be superscribed “Application for Internship for Month/Year”.
- The Application should reach this office 5 weeks before the proposed date of commencement of the internship.
- Duly Filled Application Form.
- Copy of self-attested two proof of identity one being Aadhar Card.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Recommendation letter of the Head of Institution in official Letterhead.
- Self-attested certificates of educational qualifications etc. are mentioned in the application form.
- The application received will be scrutinized by the Selection Committee and the selected candidate will be intimated accordingly. The composition of the Selection Committee shall be decided by the Additional Director.
- While selecting the candidates for internship the selection committee shall give due importance to the academic performance of the applicant.
- The meeting of the selection committee shall be held two times a year.
- The decision of the selection committee shall be final and binding and no queries in this regard shall be entertained.
- The Wildlife Crime Control Bureau’s Headquarters is a Delhi and its five Regional offices are at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata & Jabalpur, and subregional offices at Cochin & Guwahati. The intern may be attached to any of the offices.
Terms and Conditions of Engagement
- No remuneration shall be paid to the intern for their internship in Wildlife Crime Control Bureau.
- The intern shall have to undertake the activity as directed by the concerned Regional Deputy Director in the respective Regional Offices or by the Additional Director in the case of Bureau Headquarters.
- WCCB may terminate the internship of any intern at any point without giving any reasons as it deems fit.
- The intern will not be authorized to use the data collected/information gained during their internship in Wildlife Crime Control Bureau in any academic publication/research project without the prior approval of the Additional
- The intern will have to sign an undertaking regarding non-disclosure of information to any other authority that comes to his/her knowledge during the course of internship.
- Joining or completing the internship programme form Wildlife Crime Control Bureau is not an assurance for a job in the organization